Wednesday, June 2

My Summer is Here...inspite of the weather

I declare it Summer......because school is out. That is how I have always looked at it. Crazy I know, but school will be done on Friday! Yeah I love having my kids free to spend time with me. I guess I should say kid...Hayden. My baby boy is the last one in public school, and we still have two more years. Just thinking of this kind of makes me sad..... Oh well, get it together Marcie.
This has been a crazy week so far. We did a Memorial Day program at our church....and by we I mean Gary, Megan, Hayden and myself. It went well if the accolades are to believed. I wrote a short presentation that Gary and I read. I had Hayden sing Tell My Father by Frank Wildhorn from Civil War and Megan sang Anthem from Chess by Tim Rice and the ABBA guys. They were fantastic if I do say so myself.
Tuesday was a double day because of the holiday. So I was very busy. But we got to tend Captain Awesome for a bit which was fun. Then I was frustrated because I told Megan we would do a 25th B-day party for her. The problem is that it is now June and her birthday is the 9th and I haven't even begun to plan......so we are now giving me 10 more days to work with...yeah!
Wednesday- Well being in a party mood we asked Hayden if he would like to do a brunch( he won't call it brunch) on Friday for friends since it's the last day of school. Luckily for me my resistant, not as social as you would think child said yes let's do it and then sent out a text to 20 friends.....good for him. So far he has been pleasantly surprised by the positive response he has received......he even said you could bring friends that I may have forgotten or don't have their number. Thank heavens he told them to let him know who they might be bringing.......he doesn't care so much but I am sure he knows that I would be crazy if I didn't have enough food.
Now to get everything ready for Friday morning......at least I will have a good start on getting ready for Meg's party!
I Love SUMMER! now bring out the SUN.
MCC

No comments: