Thursday, November 27

YUM

Dinner at the Grand America Hotel was elegant and delicious. There were so many choices. It looked like the food scene out of the "Scrooge"movie Ghost of Christmas Present section. My eyes were bigger than my stomach. I tried to taste it all...except for the desserts, they all looked very hotel/cruse buffet generic...except for the bread pudding which was fabo!!! There was the traditional turkey, prime rib, and rack of New Zealand lamb. There was a table with shrimp, crab legs, mussels and fish. They had an omelet station, and other breakfast foods. Several good vegetable dishes, and and a bread table and one with cheese and crackers. On the dessert Table was several cheese cake choices, tarts, fruit parfaits, a chocolate fountain,creeps made to order, apple pear crisp and cookies and rice crispie treats. They had the cutest kids buffet with chicken nuggets,macaroni and cheese,veggies, and lots of candy and goodies. We saw one little girl with broccoli,2 chicken nuggets and lots of candy on her plate. I think that we all ate our fill and then some. I noticed that Hayden had at least 3 plated with mashed potatoes, and 2 big pieces of cheese cake It was a very nice dinner and I would not be opposed to doing it again another year. The only thing I will miss are the leftovers and the food that I would like to taste again later.

Yum!
MCC

No comments: