Wednesday, November 12

Nelson Clock

Nelson Clock - 6 days 23 hours.
Nelson just told me that his count down clock is at 6 days 23 hours....in one short week I will send my second son off to serve the Lord on a 2 year mission...what a blessing, but I know how much I will miss him. Everyone tries to tell you that the second one is easier, but I was talking to a mom when she sent her 4 and final son on a mission and she told me that it gets harder. At the time Jordan had been out for one year and I knew how much I missed him, and I couldn't fathom that it could be worse....well it is, not that he is gone already, but the anticipation that his is leaving and knowing how much I am going to miss him is killing me. I have tried to not think about it,but I am a mom and so I do.
Anyway we just returned from a temple session which was wonderful as usual. I am so glad that I went into the Celestial room before Nelson so that I could get my emotions under control. I was a mess but had a wonderful confirmation that all will be well. A pleasant happy front is what he needs to see, and it is what my heart is mostly feeling...then I think and when I think the emotions bubble up...such is life.
A mission is the best thing for him and the best place for him at this time in his life .... 6 days 22 hours and 45 min......
MCC

No comments: