Friday, November 14

TGIF & Twilight Review

Yeah, it is Friday! What a week, it has sailed by.
Yesterday was my grandmothers 94 birthday. We have had some discussion on whether she was 93 or 94 but looking at the genealogy confirmed 94...that is wonderful! Eulala --Granny B, is in great shape and getting better. She has had some health problems and has had a long recovery... I guess it takes longer to recover the older you get. But she is a "long liver" (what size is your liver?). She complained to me the other day that she was not going to starve to death...and she won't on our watch. She accused us of being food pushes and I told her that I learned my pushing skills from the best, her.
Well, we are even closer to Nelson's leaving. I told Jordan and Laurie this morning about knowing how much I was going to miss Nelson was killing me and Jordan said "That if that was the case he will prepare Nelson for the fact that Hayden will be missed most of all." He really knows what I mean but likes to pull my leg.
Speaking of legs...my left knee/leg is still swollen and very sore. At least it is not as bad as it was the morning of the wedding. Everyone tells me to go to the doctor, and I will when I get Nelson sent off. The pain and swelling don't seem to be going anywhere.

Movie news: We saw the trade screening of "Twilight" the much anticipated pre -thanksgiving movie. It is based on a series of books by Stephanie Myers. They have been all the rage for women, pre-teen to young married in age.
My review: It is a movie made from a book, not spectacular, but it has some outstanding elements. Most movies made from a book leave the audience disappointed because the reader didn't visualize this or that like it is portrayed in the movie. This can be hard for the movie makers and actors. If this story didn't already have a following I don't think that it would be as anticipated or would make as much money as expected. So, to the outstanding parts: The acting by Rob Pattinson who plays Edward is excellent. His Edward is very layered and complex, just what it should be. He plays the tormented vampire with great depth and feeling. You really empathise with him in not wanting Bella or anyone else to suffer like he has. --Nelson commented on how all girls want guys to be like Edward and that it is interesting that Edward doesn't want anyone to be like Edward. -- Pattinson isn't bad to look at either. I know that there was some concern by fans of the books about his casting, but I thought he was perfectly cast in this roll. Kristen Stewart as Bella also does a fine job with her roll. I however felt that the screen writers and director didn't let us see Bella in her awkwardness; physically and socially enough to warrant her actions and comments. Both Pattinson and Stewart seemed to acting from the inside out, which is what you want from actors...internalization and layers. Bravo to theses two young actors. The other good things for me were the locations....Bella's home and that of Edward were just as envisioned and the great northwest was a beautiful and smoldering backdrop for a smoldering and sensual story. I'd give it a 'B'

Have a fab weekend all,
MCC

1 comment:

Melwel said...

Hey-- I'm glad you are on the blog roll. It's great to hear...But I always thought Grandma was born in 1915 and grandpa in 1913-- when did that change?
Crazy
Love the Twilight review, maybe Edward won't be too bad, I'm excited to see it now. I expect all sorts of movie reviews on this blog.
Love ya
Melinda