Tuesday, November 11

Cleaning/Moving Out

With help from Megan and Nelson, Jordan's bedroom was officially moved out of and deep cleaned. We vacuumed and dusted and washed walls and blinds. What a dusty mess...I told Laurie when she was helping him move stuff prior to the wedding that I don't clean adult children's bedrooms...that is why they have doors, so I don't have to look at the mess.
I have made a plan for what is allowed in the room for storage, temporary storage etc...
In this room I would really love to have an exercise room but fear that hiding the exercise equipment behind a closed basement door ... the equipment would become bigger dust collectors than they already are. So no exercise room for now, maybe when I become a more disciplined exerciser. In the long run the room may become Nelsons bedroom when he returns, but for now....The closet in the room is going to become temporary storage for Nelsons belongings while he is gone and also a costume storage closet. We have plenty of costumes to store. Currently the costumes are taking over Megan's second closet...a second closet that every girl needs, and they are in boxes in the storage room taking up valuable food storage space. As for the rest of the room it will be temporary storage for my scrap booking stuff until the office move is made in January. I will then move all of my stuff to the loft office. My hope is that by putting the scrapbook stuff in the bedroom we will be opening up the downstairs game room to more possibilities....a home theatre, I just love to dream of the remodel and re purpose possibilities that are now available to me with the boys moving out.
Nelsons room move will happen tomorrow, all but the bed and stuff he needs for his mission. As I said Gary's office move to that room won't happen until January...we need to get past Christmas, re-paint the room and amass some money to purchase new office furniture and equipment.
I guess the change is good...or at least I am making it better for me by planning for the future.
Change,Change, Change.

Nelson clock - 1 week left....he has a count down clock set in his room to the hour we leave the house for the MTC...he is so excited!

MCC

No comments: