Thursday, February 18

Olympic Fever


I have been paralyzed for almost a week now with the Winter Olympics......and there is a week still to go.
I didn't start the games out too bad, I was getting things done during the day, and only being worthless at night...... until I discovered that they are broadcast the Curling events during the day.
I wouldn't classify myself as a Curling fan, but I love it.....no, I don't really understand it, but it captures my interest every four years. Maybe because it is the older persons sport in the winter games? Anyway it has captured my attention once again...enough in fact that I turned the TV on to Men's Curling while watching Baby C. I had an event last night that I had to leave for before the tie breaker round of USA Men's vs. the Swiss was over....they had two rocks each to throw. Hayden and Megan had to leave just as it started, but they asked me to text them with the outcome.....Luck or un lucky, for us we have TiVo..... anyway the USA men lost....again, by one point as they did once again today......
Hayden, Megan and myself are now talking about calling the Ice Sheet in Ogden (Where the Curling events for the 2002 SLC Olympics was held) to see if they have classes, or open curling lanes.....kind of like bowling...who knows......If we follow through with this I will be amazed, but for now it has our attention.
Of course the night time, major Olympic events are great too. Love, love love the Ice skating, and the Snowboard cross. I really enjoyed watching the half pipe with Hayden telling me what I was watching. The most amazing thing to me with most of the events is the speed....why do you want to hurl yourself down a mountain, or across the ice or down an ice slide like a bat out of hell is beyond me, but it does make for great entertainment.
I have great memories of watching the games while growing up and also with my family. My memories of the Olympics here in SLC in 2002 are also awesome. Maybe that is why I allow myself to be paralyzed for two weeks every 4 years.
I can hear the Olympic theme ringing in my ears and the ABC guy saying "the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat."
MCC

No comments: