Friday, December 4

Wrappin' it Up

Good Week!
We had a fun baby shower for Laurie last night at our house. Good Food, Good Friends, Good Fun and Great Gifts for the new little one and his mommy.
We are on the final count down until the little Call Prince arrives....
I am hardly excited for his birth, Gary keeps telling me to let his parents have the joy of purchasing for him....but hey, I am the Grandma to be.
We are all giving the parents name choices and predicting his arrival day and time.....I am being positive and hoping that he comes early not late. I remember being pregnant up to my eyeballs, feeling like a giant freak, with nothing cute to wear, being tired and clumsy...not fun.
As I was decorating the house for Christmas, I kept telling myself ...I will have to decorate differently next year since we will have an 11 moth old under foot, on the book shelves and probably hiding baby Jesus....just like his daddy used to. It will be so much fun to have a baby at Christmas next year.

Yeah it is finally here, the weekend...but with it comes the end of the first week of December, time doesn't stand still...I just look at the count down clock in the family room and can see my life slipping away...... 21 Days 'till Christmas and I not only haven't shopped, I don't know what I will be shopping for, when I will have time to shop or for that matter what I will use to pay for it all.....I bet I can figure it all though.
However through it all I need to remember that It is the Christmas Season, a time when we should all be happy regardless of our financial situation, time limitations and our gift list, after all it is the season when we should reflect upon the life of the Savior and recommit ourselves to serving and loving our brothers and sisters....

No comments: