Friday, December 18

7 days....

In one week it will be Christmas day. The shopping will be done, the gifts wrapped and opened. It will then be time for the regrets and returns..... there are always a few gifts I regret not giving... It is usually due to the lack of funding and availability.
Everyone in family is required to make a Christmas list. We have a list that is three columns: first column is NEEDS, second, WANTS, third DREAMS Most of the list are sufficient so I can shop and get a few things that everyone wants. The best list is always made by Gary, it is gracious, detailed and long.....I always want to give Gary everything in his list because he not only deserves it but because his list always makes me feel a bit guilty.............I feel guilty about his list because he always has a lot of needs, thus telling me that i have neglected him over the year, And I probably have neglected him, looking out for the kids and then myself first....he is affectionately called the benefactor by the children.... He works hard so I don't have to be away from the home.
This year Gary's list is no exception, it is a great list. The problem this year is what to get from it...the basics are a given, but he wants two big ticket items and he deserves them both...the only reason he will be receiving one over the other is because of availability.....on can't even ship to me for 6 weeks....the other I can pick up at several stores. But I really would like to get him the other gift more......maybe for Valentines Day. the other challenge with his gift is the price....very pricy, but then he makes the money and should get to spend it how he wants....oh the gift giving dilemmas....
Well off to shop for everyone else. I purchased a great gift yesterday for Laurie that makes me really excited....I always like having a few gifts that make me excited to give.
...shop 'till i drop!
MCC

No comments: