Saturday, December 26

364 days...Happy Boxing Day!

Let the count down begin......I have 364 shopping days 'till Christmas....and if i am crazy/savvy I will begin today with all the sales. My problem with buying early is that I forget that I have purchased or what I have purchased or where I put the purchases I have made.....
The Other problem with early purchases for me is what if i don't feel like giving them what I got them?!?!?! Not to worry I can bet that I won't early purchase much , that I will once again be a crazed Christmas shopper in 2010.
_______________________________

Christmas this year was quiet.....probably for the last time for 20 years. Mom and Dad had the Welch's for Christmas and loved having them there....It wasn't a quiet Christmas for them......maybe the confusion makes for a great Christmas.....every once in a while.

I think everyone loved what they got for Christmas.....we didn't go over board, but it wasn't meager either.....

Gary Loves his new camera.......he would have loved a Kindel also but he can get that for a New Years gift...I was going to do it for Valentines day but he is traveling so much beginning January 17 that it will be a nice thing to have.....I hope he takes his camera with him. He goes to some great places and could get some awesome photos....maybe a new job is in the making. He also got a lot of black clothing....it was a black Christmas for him.

Hayden got a Flip Video camera and is set on video blogging...if that happens I will definitely keep everyone posted as to where. He says the funniest things.....the impromptu vacation video that he made was a real laugh. Hayden also got new stylish clothes....

Meg got a spa treatment that she has been wanting for a few years now....I hope it is everything she wants it to be. She also got shoes, clothes and jewelry.....

As for me I was spoiled good....I got the things I asked for as well as some surprises. A big surprise form Gary was a book binder and lamina tor. It is a Stories by Me machine. It helps you create and make your own bound books..... It will be a fun project. I got a great Waffle maker, a FoodSaver...I had an original FoodSaver before our fire and never replaced it....Jordan and Laurie got one for their wedding and so a FoodSaver hit my want list once again..... I found and gave myself a white dress coat...Laurie has a beautiful white dress coat that I have coveted ...I know bad ...... now I have my own! Gary wouldn't let me not have something new to wear on Christmas day so on the 24 we went shopping and trying on clothes....I hate to try on clothes, but with a new shape it is a necessity... I got a great new top, nice pants that were long enough and 2 sweaters.....lucky me!
________________________________

New Zealand sounds wonderful. Elder Call was his happy chipper, no nonsense self. We talked for 3 hours. In the three hours I learned that he has large worn out clothes, he needs a new backpack which he was going to buy in at the Boxing Day Sales that afternoon. He wants Cd's of appropriate uplifting music to play in the car....his Zone can be a two hour drive....he will need the entertainment. He's iPod that he took with him is toast so he needs a new one....luckily we got a Nano for free from Delta Airlines. He loves his new companion...it's only been a week and anyone would be better than his previous comp. He had a green Christmas...he loves the snow and Christmas so not having them together has been a real challenge for him....he told me that I would love Christmas there because it is warm/spring/fall like, my favorite seasons.... the count down says 329 days, but I was told it will probably be 7 to 10 days longer.....they don't care about Thanksgiving so he is scheduled to come home the day after Thanksgiving.....I guess I will just have to postpone it for a day in 2010.

Happy Boxing Day....I think we are going to claim the 26 has the Gary & Marcie Call family Christmas party/get together day....no one else lays claim to it so it could be great.....and on Boxing day you are supposed to give the gifts.....this is a great idea......English crackers, food, activities and more gifts...this could be a very good idea.

MCC

No comments: