Monday, June 13

Party Planning...Hot Dogs

I decided I needed to get my summer started and host a Fathers Day Gourmet Hot Dog Bar. We have done a lot of research on different styles of dog toppings...this all started because Food Network Magazine's June issue had several gourmet hot dog ideas. In Walt Disney World we wanted a corn dog at the Magic Kingdom, but they don't have them there like to do in Disneyland...too bad for all of us, but we went second best and got hot dogs at the hot dog/coke corner. The favorite hot dog was called a western dog....a hot dog with BBQ Pulled Pork and coleslaw. A dog similar to this was in the mag and called an All American....so this is what started it all. This afternoon we looked at hot dogs from around the world...80 of them. After gagging at some of them we came up with what sounded good to us...and decided that people put anything edible on a hot dog. The next debate was how to cook the best dog...grilled, boiled, deep fried....I just say cooked. I remember the kids eating raw hot dogs when they were young, ewe yuck! Next are the buns.....I guess what ever. I know for sure that we want good quality dogs...beef :)....
This is a fun plan, now for the patio clean and set up and new grill...cross fingers and hope.

MCC