Tuesday, June 21

Harry Potter

So that I am ready to see the screening of Harry Potter 7.2 on Thursday the kids are making me re-watch the whole series of movies and giving commentary during the movies.....now I have seen the movies, a few of them several times.  I read the first book and didn't do the whole series since I didn't find them to be the genre of books I like. But the kids have loved reading them so I was never short on Harry trivia and information. We also went to Harry Potter World in Florida so I can say that I guess I am a little bit indoctrinated.
What I have gleaned so far from the movies as a through tread is the wizzarding world candy......they are always giving it some type of quick highlight. And at HP World they even have a candy store full of faux HP candy.
Another thing that jumped out at me was the 'Harry has Lilly's eyes' comment that is made so often. Immediately I began to sing "Lilly's Eyes" from "The Secret Garden"...we all laughed. Of course someone has made a you-tube video with the song(not altered, but easily don with "he has her eyes", "Harry has her eyes" "eyes for James Potter" never me...you get the idea) with video clips of Snape and Lupin, longing for Lilly......too funny.
We have decided that we needed to learn Latin so we can do cool curses/magic like they do in the movies.
Question who would want to be the Professor who teaches the course 'Defense Against the Dark Arts'...they always seem to die, or go insane. And as for the continuity, a new teacher every year?  Pretty crazy.
The whole thing is lots of fun. I guess I will be sad when it all comes to and end. Over all the Harry Potter thing has done a lot of good.... kids reading, lots of socialization and talk about an innocent common thing.

MCC

No comments: