Friday, June 24

Organizing....again/still at it

Yes, it's that time I am organizing once again...it never ends, but the upside is that with fewer people in the house to mess things up and get things out it stays pretty organized.
We started with the garage on Wednesday and got one of three done.....my work force and my suburban are MIA so that project is now on hold until next week.  Amazingly the storage room has stayed pretty good since I did it last year, just needs a little spruce up.
One thing I have learned by going through my junk is that most of it is just that, JUNK! I am now asking myself: "If I were cleaning out my parents house would I keep it?" The answer is usually NO.
I don't know why we insist in keeping stuff for our kids and grand kids, they won't care when you are dead, if you want them to have it give it to them now ( unless you are enjoying it, then you can wait until you replace it or are dying or dead). Take Birthday cards, thank you notes, they should be chucked. I started a file of cards and notes that really mean something to me so that I can re-read and remind myself of how awesome I am (of course I don't re-read them so why am I keeping them?) OHHHH I guess they can be chucked as well and I really wouldn't miss them.
We have found all kinds of "treasures" in the garage that we just had to keep. I am now asking myself if it's saved in the garage why did I keep it? I know that there are things that we do store in the garage, and they are useful for yard work, camping and food storage.....but I ask you what good is a half a can of old paint? Like I have said, there are a few things that you keep around because you really might need them at some point, I have plenty, So may that Nelson and Megan labeled a box on my garage selves "Random crap we just can't get rid of "  Funny but true.
Here is the other thing we do when we clean out and organize; we think that cost me X amount of dollars, I should be able to sell it.......you won't. Garage sales are a lot of work to set up and clean up for the little amount of money you make. 
Oh, Sorting and Organizing......... Let the fun continue!
MCC

No comments: