Tuesday, November 17

Life Moves On

Today I have a funeral hangover......no headache yesterday but today the headache and body ache are overwhelming.

The day for the most part was bittersweet....good byes to Grandma were not fun.....but the memories are fantastic.

A couple of the best memories I will always have of the day are the thick feeling of family love. One of the Uncles said that this is what the day felt like, a day of love.
Another memory will always be my opportunity to lead the congregational singing. I was fine with the idea until i got up to do it and looked down at all the 'boobs' in the family crying....I looked at Gary and he was tearing up, so next at Megan who was even worse, mom was really bad as was everyone else. We were singing one Grandmas favorites "Because I Have Been Given Much" pg. 219. Since the introduction was coming to a close i knew i had to pull it together fast....I looked up and saw a beautifully smiling face in the audience....sitting there smiling at me was Grandmas friend Marjean Toone. Her smile kept me focused and in control for the whole song and for the closing song, "Love One Another" pg. 308. Later I told Marjean thank you for being the smiling face in the audience that I could connect with. She told me that she looked up at me and knew that it was going to be hard so she put a smile on her face and hoped that I would look at her.
She then told me a sweet story about taking Grandma to work at the temple for the first time. Grandma didn't want to be separated from her friend. She was nervous and told Marjean the whole way into Salt Lake that she wanted her locker to be near hers. Marjean told her that there were no empty lockers near hers, but all would be okay. Grandma kept saying that she was going to get things changed and that if they didn't she wasn't going to stay. Marjean says that she went to the locker room to change and waited and waited but no Grandma. She went to prayer meeting and looked around but no Grandma. She thought 'well she went home.' Just then Grandma came into the room all dressed and smiling. Marjean asked her if she got things all taken care of with the changing of the lockers. Grandma told her I couldn't change lockers, I was assigned locker 219....

For family home evening we went to Paces for a flatty with J & L, Mom, Adam and his family. It was a nice way to end our day laughing and talking about Grandma a life.

I am so thankful for belonging to a wonderful legacy of love and faith.

My goal with the coming birth of our first grand baby is to be a grandma like my Grandma Butters.
MCC



No comments: