Tuesday, September 21

It's Autumn Time!


It is officially fall, but it feels like summer still. Sunday in nursery I began teaching songs about fall; sing the fall songs and changing words to songs so they were fall type words. My Favorite is sung to Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree......I looked out the window and what did I see? Leaves are falling from the Apricot tree.......I can take a rake and can make a pile, one so big it will make you smile. Then I'll jump on it cause it's so much fun you see, when leaves are falling from the apricot tree. The kids love it too because I have them stand and sing so they get to rake and jump.
I enjoy fall because it is still warm during the day and crisp at night and in the early morning. We walk in the morning still and the crisp air is the best. When we start I think should I have worn a jacket...some days I do others I don't because when I do by the time we are on the return home I am too hot. The crisp air also makes me want to make soup, warm yummy comfort foods and pies and cobblers......I know it always goes back to food.
It is no secret Autumn time is my favorite season of the year.....There is a definite change in nature, from the plants to the weather. We go from nice and warm to cold in 3 months. I like the back to school time, it is always a new beginning regardless of age. Fall has my favorite sports FOOTBALL and the end of Baseball season...the play offs and world series.
Fall is also like spring in the cleaning and organizing way.... I always have a few project that I want done before Thanksgiving. My projects are well underway.....I unfortunately didn't account for the need/want to paint the closets as they are cleaned out before they are re loaded...oh well. I guess after 15 years a new coat of paint is important....and they won't need to painted again for another 15 years....maybe by then the kids will do it form me...as in "Let's help grandma out and paint her closets for her." I can wish!
MCC

No comments: