Tuesday, September 14

I 'm Sorry For My Abscence

Melinda called me to task for not keeping up on my blog......I'm busy with other stuff and when I sit down to write I get side tracked on the computer so I am trying to not get trapped on the computer as often.
Any who.....
I have been cleaning out and reorganizing my stroage room.....we have a deadline to meet.
The Storage room is looking really good. I have hauled out 4 loads of stuff to the DI and garbage. I have built and installed 2 sets of shelves, and will be adding 2 or 3 more after I get the Christmas decorations out and up.

Question - Is the food storage really bad if it says not to use it after so many years?

The deadline I am meeting is Elder Call returns home on Thanksgiving Day. Which means I have to find room for all of the things I have stored in his room for the past two years....@!>@<#$)
...yes I feel that way about the junk. Some of it I wanted to get rid of before we stored it in the room, but someone told me we would want it and or need it.......I knew we wouldn't, so now I have to deal with it all over again.
Now I am on to the hall closet and laundry room. Then i have Nelson's room to fix up, Megan's room and bathroom. The Mid room entrance and finally the Downstairs Family Room...remember I want to turn it into a home theatre space. The downstairs family room is looking like a war zone....it is the divide and conquer area. I take everything out to the family room and make the decision to keep or chuck....if i keep it it then is boxed and stored appropriately.

I heard an organizer on TV say that you first need to look at everything and say "Have I used or needed this in the past year?" If you have used or needed the item you then have to deal with it.*
Here are the other things she said in helping you clean out and organize:
Memorabilia - ask yourself "Am I honoring the memory of the item?" To keep memorabilia you need to put it in albums that are visible, or frame it, or keep it out in a room. In a box you are not honoring the memory. This step has made me get rid of a ton of things or take photos of them.
Important Papers - Can access the information some place else?
Kids school papers, etc...- Is this their best work for this age?.....someone else told me to scan it all and keep it on a computer disk.

Back to the Have I used or needed this in the past year?---*If you keep it you then need to decide if you have other items that serve the same purpose, is it something I really need, is it in good usable condition, etc....

hi ho, hi ho, it's back to work I go!
MCC

No comments: