Monday, July 6

Parade of Homes

Gary and I went to part of the Northern Utah Parade of Homes this weekend. No, we don't want to move, but we like going to look at what is new in home styles and interiors as well as looking for ideas to incorporate into our home.
We found several things/ideas that we like.....somethings usable for our home others not, but fun none the less.
We only saw the homes from Kaysville to North Salt Lake....maybe this week we will see some more? There are some huge million dollar homes up by Pineview!
There were 4 homes that if money, location, etc... were not a problem I/we would consider buying.....so instead I will just try to copy what I loved about them......wow, crazy thought, if I really could copy and paste it would be a crazy mess.
I love the style of Robert McArthur. He is a local architect and interior designer. Some might say his style is cluttered and compact....I call it eclectic and cozy.....just what I love, a little modern combined with vintage and ketch. I love color but could be swayed to live in a house of white, taupe and blacks with color and warm tones thrown in as furniture, art, and accessories......
For years we have admired his style and have been inspired by his homes. the home in this years show was a remodel...it was very well done. He used the spaces creatively. I love the kitchen...however it would be a little small for me.







As for the other 3 homes....none of them is like the McArthur home in anyway, shape, or form, but still like them all for various reasons.
If I had to pick a home to move into tomorrow it was a home in Kaysville. I loved the facade of this home. It is shingle and rock with white trim and windows. The back had wonderful two story windows. It reminds me of the homes found in New England on the coast. The interiors are more arts and crafts/mission style.
The big executive home that is located a few blocks east of me has been up for sale for a year now......4 million might have something to with that. It was in the show for a second year, probably because it is impressive. It is large....large bedrooms and several large, open entertaining areas. It has water a couple of water features; one is a babbling waterfall in the front. The other a narrow reflecting pool that runs the length of the home in the back. The style is what I think is California Traditional. Gary would put in water falls, fountains, pools what ever....he loves water as do I.
The 4th home that we liked was so different from what we usually like, especially in interior colors.....it tended to go blue and white, kind of a nautical/coastal feel.....we usually go with the greens, not as in woodland, but arts and crafts and Italian style. It has a classic, elegant style...lots of mullioned windows, traditional furniture with a contemporary touch....I bet it is most peoples favorite home.
Now if only I had a magic wand and could change everything with a wave.....how fab would that be!?!?!
MCC

No comments: