Tuesday, August 23

School Begins...again

Hayden went to his last first day of school and I 'm not gonna lie, a shed a tear or two.  A friend on Facebook told me it was "tears of joy and then I jumped in my car and went a got a frozen yogurt".....He has 4 in elementary school still so I remember where he is coming from. Another friend told me she sent her first grand daughter off to college and she cried too.....so I guess we never grow out of the tears, happy or sad when school starts. Back to Hayden...he loves school and couldn't wait to get it going for real. I hope he participates in everything and has no regrets this year.

As for the other boarders and school; Meg is taking two classes at WSU and started on Monday and Nelson is at LDSBC begins after Labor Day.

I like getting back on schedule with each new school year, it is  the best thing for me...probably not for the rest of the family but I'm the momma and when momma aint happy, nobody is happy.....I like a plan that everyone sticks to. During the school year we are really good at getting up by 6:45am for family scripture study and prayer. We try really hard in the summer to continue, but by the end of June we have usually abandoned this for personal study and prayer. I then walk three miles or go to the gym and walk then my day can begin. It seems that just by having a plan in the morning my day go smoother....and I seem to do better at planning other things to do throughout the day. 
My question is how different will it be next year when we don't have anyone in the public school system?

MCC

No comments: