Wednesday, June 19

Wednesday Weigh In- Weight Watchers

Well I have jumped in and joined back up with Weight Watchers...and not just the on-line version, but the go to the meetings and be weighed version.
Laurie wanted friends to go with her to help her loose the baby weight. Megan jumped at it as did Laurie's mom Karen and I said okay I am in (Mom would have loved this and joined with us).....so Saturday morning.....yes I got up early. We signed up!  To me this whole thing is now a competition...that is the Cole/Butters coming out.... I want to be the best and loose the most, the fastest. I know that is not what it is all about, but hey what ever motivates you.
The Weekend was a mess, but Monday morning I began in earnest, really watching and tracking my points......every food has a point value (even the LaffyTaffy that kept calling my name and begging to be eaten...they are 1 pt. a piece) and you are given an allotment of points for the day.
The Tracking has never been easier since they have a whole on-line tracking and calculating app. I totally love the app. It makes this whole thing a whole lot better. I can look up in an instant food point values and decide if I want to eat it...... The whole on-line support in addition to the meetings is awesome.....https://www.weightwatchers.com/
The best thing about the WW points thing is that most fruits and veggies are free points so you can fill up on them if you are still hungry.
Today I have had a heck of a time getting my points used since I have eaten so many fruits and veggies, and I am stuffed.
I can do anything for the next 12 weeks and then I am going to re-evaluate this diet choice. I will probably keep going since it is the closest to what I do when I truly diet.
When I began for real to lose weight 5 years ago it was a good thing. Today I am 80lbs. lighter than when I began and I have kept it basically off...there have been a few 5 to 10 lb. gains but I have really kept it under control by weighing everyday, exercising and paying attention to what goes in the mouth. I have set 10lb. goals, because you can only do it a bite at a time and I didn't gain it all in one big gain so what makes me think I can loose it that way? My goal is to loose another 30 lbs. This is very doable......

Let the games begin!

MCC


No comments: