Wednesday, March 21

Yeah for Mom

I went with Mom to her last chemo treatment. She was grinning ear to ear. We were so happy when the Doctor told us that she didn't need to see her again until June!!!!  She is one of the 20% that is cured and we are so happy that she is one of the few to keep that stat up alive and well.
I went with Mom to her first appointment to Dr. Prysest and heard all the dismal news. I was concerned but never felt like it wasn't incurable. (Hind sight tells me that we all reacted with a positive this is just a step along the road and we will beat it attitude.... her attitude was catching even then). Anyway we are all excited to have Moms cancer gone. I am so glad that we still get to experience up close and personal her positive attitude, her faith and her hopefulness. We should all follow her example it would make this a better world.
Mom asked an interesting question on our way home..."Now that I have been given this extension in my life, what is my responsibility?" What is expected of me?
What a great thought for all of us to think and act upon.  Mom is truly remarkable woman who is faithful and positive. I am sure that Mom will come up with many wonderful ways to serve those around her.
I have learned so much through Moms experience, not only about cancer symtoms but about faith, hope and attitude. They all make a difference.

Gary and I have said numerous times what a crazy year for our parents health wise. All of the experiences have been learning ones for us and have made us rethink our preparation for life's challenges and how we would respond if  I was the one experiencing it. With the two scariest health issues, Bills and Moms cancer we saw it through with two different but equally good outcomes. Mom is still here with us but Bill left this earth. Moms question about her responsibility is one we all need to be anxiously engaged in. What is my responsibility and do something.  Bills experience made me face my religious beliefs head on, do I really believe in what I believe in?

Oh life you are such a learning experience.

MCC

1 comment:

Melwel said...

Yeah. I am so glad you were there for her. You are the best!!