Tuesday, September 6

September Goals

Yes, it is the 6th and I am just setting my monthly goals.  But I never feel like September begins until after Labor Day...and speaking of Labor Day, I hate it when we have to labor.....back to goals.
I mentioned the two big paint projects, actually there was one huge one and a tiny one and the tiny one is done as for the big one I am not so down with "Venezuelan Sea" now I have lived with it in a large patch for a week. I like it but it doesn't make me happy like the other colors of paint I have painted through out my house. It will be a great accent color for something....$45.00 mistake, It could have been worse. I am now leaning toward a great bright green color...surprise, not.....called Agave, you know like the cactus. It is much more me and makes me happy. I had a patch of it on the walls for a while and really liked it just not where I was testing it out. 
Goals
1. Finish the big paint project. Which leads to several smaller projects: A-Reorganize & store the beauty supplies. B-Clean out the Mud Room. C-Get rid of the extra furniture in the downstairs family room. D-DI run.
2. Keep working on the diet or should I say health and fitness thing and loose 25 more pounds....I know not all of it in this month but maybe 5 to 10 permanent loss pounds by the end of the month. Meg and I walk 3 miles 5 days a week. I am slow walker but I keep doing it, yeah for me.   As for the Diet- I weigh a whole lot less than it says on my drivers license, yeah! I think the last time I weighed this much was between the birth of Meg and Nelson, that would be 22 to 26 years ago....much too long. The interesting thing with weight loss is that you may weigh less but your proportions change, or the remaining fat rearranges itself. I have two clothing Items that I have kept around as goal clothing, lets just say the items fit weird and I don't think that even with the last 25 pounds I want to loose that they will fit any better....just interesting. This is something we are trying to remind skinny minnie Laurie about, she is frustrated by her clothing size; she weighs a lot less that she ever has, but she is still wearing her former skinny size and not a size or two smaller.
3. Find a new life path...I know I have been talking about this for several months now, but I really need to get going on it. Any suggestions will be considered.
4. Get ready for the Holidays...yes, this thought is a dirty word, but I would really like to be one of those people who is done by the first week of December with the decorating, shopping, wrapping, baking, cards, etc....

Fall is a favorite so maybe that alone will be enough to spur me on.
MCC

No comments: