Wednesday, July 27

Time Marches On

It's time to figure out Act II or the second half of my life....and it is hard. I know what I don't want to do, but having a vision and direction of what I want to do is a bit harder. Mom has said that our lives are divided into 4 quarters... She says she is figuring out her last quarter and I am figuring out my third..... I think that the first quarter is the easiest since others are deciding things for you. The Second quarter may be hard to transition into but gets routine with work and kids.....it's the freedom of the 3 quarter that has me questioning and asking now what? Several of my friends are going back to school and finishing the degrees they gave up on to enter into their second quarter.....my problem with doing the school things is that I wasn't completely sold on what I was going to school for the first time around. So I have nothing to focus on and complete. I also am doing a job that I didn't pick, but was picked for me. While I like some parts of my job there is not enough there to build on and I don't want to be stuck doing this for the rest of this quarter....I have said I will do it for another two years and then I am done. So what to do?
Mom has been reading a book that suggests that you have five lives to live and decide what would you do for each of those lives?  The husband, family and church thing are all apart of my lives, it is the career or activities that need deciding on....SO off the top of my head here is what I am thinking.......1. Artist...painting, creating, and selling my art to make a living. There is the buckling down and doing as well as taking of classes to make this happen. 2. Fashion designer...this definitely would require more schooling and opportunity. 3. Wedding cake maker....classes, kitchen, tools, opportunity, etc.... 3. Architect....education....starting form scratch, and it seems like a lot of work...now.  4. Interior Designer...education, opportunity.  5. Travel industry...don't know as what or what it would take, but I like to travel and explore.
I guess that this is a jumping off point and I should begin...doing something.  2 years will happen and if I don't want to be doing what I have been doing I need to get my butt in gear and create a great third quarter or Opening of Act II.

MCC

No comments: