Tuesday, May 31

Memorial Day Weekend

We had a wet day which was great for the theater business, but not so great for the cemetery visits and BBQ. Last year was our first year with out a pool as a Memorial Day entertainment; we found things to occupy our day and we survived. Year 2 ....we survived again. However trying to change what was ingrained into my life for 48 years has been hard. I know I didn't attend every year, but the knowledge that it was going on was enough for me. Melinda wrote about her BASH memories in conjunction with Memorial Day on her blog www.sickofchub.blogspot.com....tears were shed. I am so glad we held our BASH reunion for all those years.
So as far as 2011 went, we woke up to a light frosting of snow on our lawn and roof. Gary went to our wards Memorial Day program at 8:00am....way too early for the rest of us. (Last year I was in charge of the program and we all participated. I of course held it at a more respectable 9:00am). Woke every one up for French Toast and Bacon. then it was off to the theater for the kids. A trip to the cemetery then dinner at Joy Luck......not very patriotic or memorable.
If I want things to be different I guess I will have to be in charge and figure it out. I am no longer a participant but need to be a leader......It is now my turn to help create memories for my family.  Let the partying begin.

MCC

No comments: